Saturday, October 23, 2010
I'm back! I have returned from my once-in-a-lifetime trip to Scandinavia: 14 days spread between Copenhagen, Stockholm and Gothenburg. It was great, exhausting, but great!
Here are some things I learned on this trip:
1. Once you travel in First Class it's VERY hard to go back to Economy. We were lucky enough to get upgraded to First Class on the way to Copenhagen - hello private fully reclining seats, champagne, filet mignon and comfy slippers! But the way back (which is a 2 hours longer flight than going) was back to good old Economy Class - ick.
2. Everyone in Denmark and Sweden speaks English infinitely better than I will ever mangle Danish or Swedish.
3. While Swedish Meatballs are delicious, I do not want them for breakfast, thank you.
4. Train is a much more civilized and relaxing way to travel than plane.
5. I have never seen a country that eats more cake and candy than Sweden. They even have a name for their afternoon cake ritual "Fica", in which I enthusiastically participated.
6. You have never tasted seafood until you've had fresh-out-of-the-ocean Nordic seafood.
Here are some pictures from my trip.